Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Momentous Occasions


What are the similarities between this photo, of me on Kaptain in October last year at a local beach, and the video below of me on Gypsy in Vanuatu, except the obvious of both involving horses and oceans?



Those are the two happiest days of my life.

I had dreamed about those moments for as long as I can remember, and my life's ambition kicked in as soon as those horses set foot in the surf. Today?

I hope it's to be number 3 on my days of momentous occasions. As soon as I learned the property where I bought Altibo from had a huge dam and water jumps, and that he loved nothing more than swimming his days away in them, I made the decision to move Darcy there so we could have the opportunity to do it. The past few weeks, I've been watching very small children on even smaller ponies trot merrily off to the back paddock, while I wistfully pat the boys and tell them, and myself, that one day I'll be good enough to do it.

Good enough? Bugger that. This week is all about doing things I've previously been too scared to do (hello, last nights blog post) and today, I'm jumping on those boys and taking them in, freezing weather or no freezing weather.

Now, what does one wear to get drenched by manky dam water...?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails