Saturday, December 20, 2008

Last minutes. I need a whole lot more of them.

The past fortnight has been absolutely crazy busy. I never intended it to be that way, but alas, things happen, sexy men are met, people are craving my attention... *waves down the adoration*

I've been loving it, too. Between catching up with various old friends and enjoying a heap of time with some new ones, I haven't had a minute to myself - usually just the way I like it. Today, however, is the first day I really just want to curl up in a ball on the beach and sleep. There has been only a single night in the past 13 I have been in bed before 3am, and each night has involved rather a lot of drinking, eating and general merryment like dancing up a storm.

This weekend was meant to be kept free - so I could actually get some Christmas shopping done as that's taken rather a back seat these past few weeks - but of course, it hasn't turned out that way. I'm meeting up with Chicken this afternoon (and if he stands me up again, there'll be hell to pay) which will involve a little more food, some shopping and some quality beach time, which is going to take me right up to the time I have organized to meet my cousin for cocktails, tapas and, let's face it, a little eye-candy at my favorite cocktail bar. There's absolutely no complaints on my part - I'm still revved up for a good long drinking session this evening, but it may interfere with my plans to get up early for breakfast with the gang on Sunday. And the rum-ball and truffle making plans I have for the afternoon. With the last-minute Christmas shopping, last-minute wrapping of the presents and very, very last minute packing all my possessions before I leave for Mum's for the week. Oh yes, and the last minute...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails