Saturday, May 24, 2008

Busy week? Goals? I should have known better.

I went to see a Welsh Choir with my Nan and mother today...and it was brilliant. I mean, I'm not a huge fan of singing hyms etc, but it was just wonderful. There were 52 men, and they sang some amazing songs, mostly Welsh (funny that, huh?) and there was some hilarious audience participation, and a lot of tears over some of the songs they sang about war.

After a quick dinner and some affectionate arguing over the UEFA Champions League Final (Mum's a Man Utd fan, and I'm an Arsenal girl so there's usually a lot of it going on) I set off home for an early night and a movie...and my poor, evil car died. In the middle of an intersection. As several cars came screaming to a halt, I brandished the large carving knife mum had given me ("I don't like you driving home without the dogs. Here, have a huge knife. Remember, it's self defense, not murder!") but was shocked and slightly relieved to realize 5 cars of total strangers all stopped to help me, one after the other. I eventually let a large hairy man who looked like he owned several Harley Davidsons (and Rottweilers) push my car off the road, while I frantically called Chef to come and try fix my car.

Sadly, she's been left parked on the side of the road in a rather insalubrious area, waiting to be stolen/torched/trashed/towed home. I sincerely hope it's the latter.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Awww not a nice ending to a nice day. But super sweet that so many people stopped to help you. Hope it's OK!

Related Posts with Thumbnails