Monday, May 5, 2008

Beacuse, quite simply, I'm a selfish bitch.

I just woke up and I'm running late (no shock there). These two things combined generally don't put me in a super clear thinking, rational thought patterned place.

I just found out my best friend is getting married. I mean, sure, I obviously thought it was coming, and don't get me wrong - I AM BEYOND EXCITED AND THRILLED FOR HER, AND I WISH HER EVERY HAPPINESS - but there's still a small part of me that feels a little...

Well. I don't know. I really don't. Jealousy? Fear?

A little from column A, a little from column B.

We'll start with A.
Of my three closest friends, two are engaged and one is off in Afghanistan or similar fighting a war. Of my other acquaintances, 95% are married, engaged, or up the duff.
I feel somewhat left out. Falling to my knee's and begging God to answer me why no one loves me enough and cherishes my idiosyncrasies enough to shove thousands of dollars of rock on my hand flashes through my head. I mean sure, I have revolting nail clipping practices, as I mentioned previously, but surely I'm not that bad, right? Right?

Then along comes column B.
I think this pretty much sums it up, minus the being a man part and add in several real cats and a heap of rats, probably.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails