Wednesday, November 28, 2007

There's a world outside your window...




As I slobbed around the house this morning trying to put off cleaning the bathroom just a little longer, it dawned on me. This is what I crave for the other 10 months of the year - waking up to bright sunshine, crawling from bed and knowing I'm going to combine my 3 favorite things very shortly - shopping, receiving presents, and spending Christmas on the beach.
So to get myself slightly more in the mood, I downloaded some more Christmas carols to add to my shocking collection, and as I debated which warpping paper best suited my cousins alcoholic chocolates, I pondered which was the worst of the lot - Dolly Parton & Garth Brookes with Silver Bells, Alvin and the Chipmunks with the 12 Days of Christmas, or whatever it was the Muppets were 'singing'. They were woeful.
And due to the fact I continue to re-open my thumb every time I attempt using the sticky tape, I've been using my elbows/toes/Phoenix to hold down the bits of paper I need before working out how to get the tape off the reel. It's been quite good exercise.

It's fair to say I'm getting quite excited for Christmas Day. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the arrival of my new family member. I know I've not had a lot of luck with my pets lately, but the house seems so empty and I miss having someone else to look after. So my kitten is due any day. It's the illegitimate child of Seah's friends cat, and if her Grandmother doesn't choose the kitty I want, she has a gorgeous little beauty mark on her face, and I shall name her Cindi Crawford. Adorable, no? I'm just a little concerned this make occur:


Well, the time has come to purchase some more tinsel and wrap everything I can find in it, and perhaps find some recipes for eggnog. Only 26 days to go!


----------------
Now playing: Band Aid 20-2004 - Do They Know It's Christmas
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

LOVE that song. (I still have the record of it from the '80's) (1985?)

I am going to download it and put it on a holiday playlist for my group cycling class. Doesn't have too good of a beat for class, but I'll work around that.

Sounds like you're getting into the spirit. At least you have more than 3 weeks left. Hanukkah starts next week and I'm not nearly ready! :)

kat said...

I feel all Christmasy already too. I could not live without my cats. Everytime I was without cats I am miserable.
Takes some getting used to to imagine Christams on the beach but then again it is all about the spirit. You Aussies are cool.

Related Posts with Thumbnails