Thursday, November 15, 2007

Don't carry nothin' that can be a load


I have returned!
Yes, I actually went camping in my Mother's back yard. And it wasn't as geeky as I suspected. I spent hours talking and giggling with mum, drinking numerous cups of tea and eating her entire chocolate biscuit collection, and watching silly T.V in between walking the dogs and checking out some real estate near her. We had a slightly abusive and threatening letter from our landlord on the way down, which put a bit of a dampner on our trip, but we used it to our advantage and looked at some truly revolting houses. It seems 'renovated' means the kitchen cupboards don't meet, or the floor's on a slant and there's writing all over the walls. "Fully fenced" meant a strip of barbed wire going around the solitary house in a cow field, and "established gardens" actually refers to the mosquito larva infested pond surrounded by waist high grass.

Still, I had a good time, and it makes me realize how much I miss being close to my family.




^ An extremely unexciting video of my local beach.


And today I'm busy dealing with estate agents, faxing off house applications and heading into the city to meet mum for a coffee. We obviously need to meet the day after I leave to dissect my trip and every conversation all over again. And it's an excuse for a Venti Gingerbread Frappucinno with Whip. I love Christmas (& Starbucks).

It's a gorgeous day, and I'm having a massive laundry crisis. I finally received the shorts & dress I bought from eBay 5 months ago, and they're both hideous. Although I have the shorts in jeans, I managed to buy them in a size too big. Always the way. So they're on my 'mending' pile and I'll sometime in the future turn them into a masterpiece.

Bunnykins is still without a name, and still eating at an alarming rate.

...And...it's the finale of So You Think You Can Dance tonight! {Hence my song choice for today!} How excitement!



----------------
Now playing: Michael Jackson - Michael Jackson - Ease on down the road (The Wiz soundtrack)
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails