Friday, January 18, 2008

Opening Pink Bits

I went shopping today. I actually didn't mean to - I went to buy a table cloth for the dinner I'm making for Sarah & Tezz tomorrow night - but I accidentally ended up with 3 pairs of shoes, a bracelet and a matching necklace. Oops.


As I was trying on these (well, very nearly - I can't find my camera to take a shot of the actual shoes) a man came up and mentioned he was an artist. I didn't think much of it at the time - I tend to live in a little bubble of bliss when finding shoes that actually fit, even more so when they're on sale - until he progressed to say his wife attended his latest art gallery opening and wore a pair of very similar hot pink, patent Mary Janes, much like the pair I was trying on. Again, it didn't really register - I was too busy deciding if they were utterly heinous, or just hideous enough to be fashionable. But as he reached down to look closer at my feet, I clearly heard him whisper "opening pink bits".
Had I have not had 4 inch heels held together with that annoying elastic band to stop theft, I would have run at this point. I think he noticed my bewilderment, and as I scooped up armfuls of shoes and made a bee line for the checkout, I saw him turn to his wife and giggle. I dodged around a stand full of delicious looking footwear, and realized he was retelling the story to his wife - just how nice she looked with those shoes when she went to his 'gallery opening called Pink Bits'.

My mind really does live in the gutter at times.

2 comments:

kat said...

OMG OMG let me see, let me see....so funny. I had my mind in the gutter all the time as well.

Congrats on the successful shoe purchase. Did you buy a tablecloth in the end? *lol*

Susie said...

Hahaha that's sooo funny. I would have run too!

And yay for 3 new pairs of shoes :) :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails