Friday, January 4, 2008

Meme & a half.

Back to the superficial.

A meme care of the lovely Kat...


1. What is your favourite word?
Sadly, 'moist' makes me giggle.
2. What is your least favourite word? "youse". You know, as opposed to 'You two/You are'. Or 'seen' and 'done' when directly following the word "i".
3. What turns you on? Shopping and tall men.
4. What turns you off? Arrogant control freaks with hairy backs.
5. What sound or noise do you love? The sound of my car starting without the help of jumper leads.
6. What sound or noise do you hate? Any noises coming from the shower that doesn't involve water running.
7. What is your favourite curse word? F**kstain. Dirty, but strangely appropriate in a lot of situations.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? There's several things I'd love to have a stab at - interior design, professional gambling, naming racehorses...
9. What profession would you not like to do? Cheffing. couldn't handle the hours, rates and conditions. Or the drug habits.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "Party of 9, right over there by the spa and endless supply of vintage, fat free cheddar. May I take your Zimmer frame?"


I loved Kat's recap of 2007 - I felt I really got to know her a little better, and it got me thinking - just what did I do last year? So here is my very own...

January.
I was still walking 8km a night with Sahara, who was still tiny, and living in a 'desirable' area with 3 others. My New Years resolutions didn't make it very far.

February.
I ate Lobster for the first time, which wasn't in my best interests. I moved out of the share house and into my new home with Chef & Sahara. I became very very lonely and cut off, and regretted moving house, yet was loving the freedom in equal measure.

March.
A still small Sahara and I helped my mother move from our family home to a smaller house in a larger town. On the 23rd, Sahara saw rain for the first time.The month of my 21st birthday, which is a day I choose to gloss over for the rest of time. I had my hair cut into a hideous fright wig, which later turned orange.

April.
I started working in retail for a lady who dodgily never paid me enough. When I was told I didn't wear enough make-up, and my clothes weren't revealing enough, I quit. I did a road trip home, and attempting bridging the gaps in my family after my disasterous 21st. I rescued Phoenix from the pound on ANZAC Day. I went on my first Ferris Wheel, and cried. A lot.

May.
Vigorously involved in training Phoenix to be a gentleman, and to not attack, kill and eat every second person he meets. Weather turns evil, and drops to 11 degrees at night. My cousin and I wore practically the same outfit to her housewarming party. Went for lots of cold, wet walks in miserable weather to get Phoenix up to fitness. I learn of the illness of my favorite person in the world, my great Uncle who I think of as my father. He is the most amazing person I've ever met. I hate that he's so far away, and I write him a letter telling him how much he means to me.

June.
My letter arrives but hours after he passes away. Songbird, by Eva Cassidy is played at his funeral. It was the song we listened to on the drive to the airport on my flight home, the last time we saw each other. My cousin and her friend come over from the UK for a visit, and I do a bit of showing around and sight seeing, as well as family dinners with lots of lovely home cooked food. I get extremely 'home sick' for England. I got my new HipTop3 (Sidekick Danger in the US) and it's absolutely crap. I attended the Melbourne International Three Day Event, which is a dream come true (except I wasn't riding...).

July.
Involved getting very excited about the release of Harry Potter & The Order Of The Phoenix. Lots of sillyness on Chef's birthday, good food, good movies and great drinks. We road-tripped back to his former home, and have a birthday bash with his family. I teach Chef how to knit. One of my adult teeth makes an appearance, bringing my count of mature teeth to 7. I discover a massive octopus on the beach, and dub him Squidicus. On the 17th, I meet Sarah, my dogs brother's owner, via the pound Phoenix came from. We become fast friends, and later re-introduce the dogs after their 2 years apart, and have a large puppy play date. The dogs ignore each other. The last Harry Potter comes out, and I spend the next several hours in a private room with 'do not disturb' and finish it. I cry. A lot. I then discover eBay, which cheers me up significantly.

August.
I become a member of our local video library, and catch up on all the timeless classics I missed, like Clueless. Another road trip to the beach, and I discover an injured seagull, which I heroically save and take to the vet after hours searching for someone who will help it. I rediscover just how passionate I am about animal rights. I start my first blog, A Blog By Thy Dog.

September.
I attempt carving myself a Summer beach body, and spend much time in the nicer weather roller blading and exercising. It doesn't last long. I made my first batch of muffins, and receive the first in a series of revolting colds. I buy some gorgeous sparkly shoes off eBay, and my bank account starts taking a downward dive. This month I started working for Riding for the Disabled, and I suddenly love life again. And eat lots of hearty breakfasts for 6am starts trudging through paddocks. My ratty, Basil, starts looking his age. I become addicted to So You Think You Can Dance.

October.
I discover one of my favorite beaches is actually designed for nudists. I am finally on my full license, and I realize how scarily old that makes me. An old friend from school days is involved in a fatal crash with his band on tour in America.

November.
I am super excited to receive a signed photograph of Steven King, the jockey who rode Makybe Diva to Melbourne Cup Victory. I attempt starting NaBloPoMo, and fail dismally - 3 blogs was just too much to update! I started working at MiniMovers, doing 'pre-pack' - basically packing peoples belongings before they are put on the truck. I start putting up my Christmas decorations, cut half my thumb off and I say goodbye to my little friend, Basil.
December.
This month involved amusing Girls Nights at Sarah's, lots and lots of shopping and a flying visit from my best friend from Queensland. I road trip to my Nan's 81st birthday, I start growing another adult tooth, and welcome my new kitten, Cleo to the family. I spend 6 days camping with my dogs at my mums, and have an absolutely brilliant Christmas with my family. I make resolutions for the New Year, and practically forget them over night - but I do hope 2008 brings much happiness, cash and even better times than 2007. Hope it brings the same to all :)

1 comment:

kat said...

You're favorite curse word will now also become one of my favorites. Yay to curse words.

I love that you did the recap as well. It is great to learn more about you and I hope 2008 is going to be a brilliant year for you. With lots of laughter and only tears of joy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails