Friday, January 11, 2008

Black clouds, summer dips & Jamie


For the past few days, I have simply been craving England. I can't even begin to describe it.

Watching Jamie Oliver last night didn't help - the little aching void in my chest starting to grow insane butterflies.

There was something that took my mind off for a few moments. I have been in love with the theme song to Jamie @ Home for a long time, so I broadened my search to download it, and I finally got lucky. I then discovered the video for it on youtube, and being the nosy bugger I am, I love to see the face behind the song - I'm always so far wrong as to what I think they'll look like, it's not funny. This time was no exception. As I was providing half my attention span to the Mac & half aimlessly wishing for an air conditioning unit, I scanned the words 'hidden talent' underneath 'jamie oliver' - and I of course clicked on it. And then I started laughing. I don't know if it's real; I don't particularly care - it just pulled me from my little black cloud of homesickness and for that I am eternally thankful.



And as desperate as I am to sit in the snow and stuff myself with English chocolate, when it didn't drop below 32 degrees last night and I went for a midnight swim, I realized how grateful I am to have the freedom to that right here in Melbourne. And for being able to sit in 42 degrees in my nanna undies and lots of ice cubes, watching Cleo watching the tennis with utter dedication, while my dogs melt onto the floor in front of the fan looking at me like I'm the sole cause of the nastiness that is today's weather.

You MUST listen to this song. It just blows me away everytime I hear it - I can't put my finger on why, it just sends chills down my spine. It's one of those anthems for good times that you'll never forget - the sort of song you hear 20 years later and it makes you recollect all the amazing things that happened the Summer you couldn't stop singing it.
UPDATE: For some obscure reason, foxytunes ain't finding Tim Kay. So I will add this little linky right here for you to listen/watch this song! Do it!

----------------
Now playing: Tim Kay - My World
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Susie said...

Haha that video was great. I <3 Jamie Oliver.

When I clicked on the song, it said it couldn't find the artist :(

kat said...

I heart Jamie Oliver. Despite his lisp and everything. He just warms my heart.

Related Posts with Thumbnails