Saturday, January 10, 2009

Battle.

I went road tripping today. Mum & I had decided several months ago to hit up her local agricultural show, thinking it would be an excuse to catch up and have a giggle - and boy, did we. We ended up spending hours there, critiquing the beef cattle, having a good cheer for the flyball dogs and getting up close with lots of chickens. And then...we discovered the Medieval Battle.

We've both always been in love with British history (and I've always had a bit of a thing for knights in shining armor - to the extent my brother had to buy me Knights Tale on DVD this Christmas as my VHS copy was completely worn out...) and so we were pretty keen to check out just how authentic the club was. First, we tried on the armor, and took a heap of photos, all of which were pretty terrible. We watched some of the archery. There may have been some light flirting with a certain Sir, and maybe even the herald (on my mothers part, you understand). And then, the battle began...



and we suddenly realized the knight in yellow is actually the girl who works the checkout at the local supermarket. Go, girl!

I so want to join. It might be beneficial to the 'anger problem' I supposedly have. Hmm.

4 comments:

Bipolar Brit! said...

Oh my god, your legs would make armour hot again! :0)

Melisa Wells said...

OMG, I can totally see you doing that!!!

Do it. :)

k a t i e said...

Well, you know ladies, I think I just will!

Anonymous said...

Very cool stuff...and I'm sure would make for great stress relief.

Related Posts with Thumbnails