Wednesday, June 4, 2008

That'll be $6.55 - care for a pyscho with that?

It's a well known fact I am a magnet for all sorts of creeps and - let's face it - dregs of society (usually those are the ones I date..hmm). If there's a nutter lurking somewhere in my vicinity, he'll be sure to start rambling things at me and/or asking for 35 cents, moments before screaming obscenities at me.

Yesterday was no exception. As I was sitting down to my $6.55 of happiness in the form of a Venti extra dry Caramel Macchiato at Starbucks, and jotting down a quick snail mail letter to Chicken, I absentmindedly agreed with a lady seated near me that it was, in fact, a lovely day. Mistake.

She then went on to tell me the intimate details of her 11 year old daughters best friend who was being molested by her father, and how the mother drinks too much but it's OK now, because the daughter joins in and it's their family time.

What. The. Shit.

Anywho, I quickly rammed my possessions (which tend to spread themselves about me very quickly) into my bag and made a run for it. I'm getting better - usually I don't want to hurt their feelings, so I get sucked in for 45 minutes discussing how best to take the smell out of their Ugg boots, but this time I decided to get out while I could.

So much for my relaxing coffee.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails