Thursday, July 30, 2009

A sore Sahara

I picked Sahara up after we landed on Tuesday evening, and she was one happy little puppy. So happy, she was completely over-excited. So over-excited, she hurt herself. I hoped it was a minor bit of soreness, but she got progressively worse yesterday, and when she crawled into bed with me this morning (much to C-Mac's disgust) I knew there was something wrong.

I took her to the vet this morning - no need to make appointments, I find, the entire staff know me by first name basis at least at the veterinary clinic - and she saw her second favorite vet, Jenny, who gave her a thorough examination. Luckily, she ruled out what I was dreaded - having ruptured her other anterial cruciate - and put it down to being too silly for her own good, and not knowing when enough fun is enough. Relief! Sahara had some pain relief injections, and has a week-long dose of anti-inflammatorys which will hopefully give her some comfort.

And as a treat for being such a good girl (and not attempting to maul any staff/members of the public etc) I put the roof down on the way home, and let Sahara have the breeze in her whiskers all the way home.

Now, to hide the whirlwinds of hair all over the car before Cameron gets home...

1 comment:

Melisa Wells said...

So glad she's okay! She is so adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails