Wednesday, March 25, 2009

General Updates.

I'm just having a cup of tea before I go food shopping with Chef. It's been a crazy week, and I feel like I haven't had a minute to breathe. The big move itself went well - I picked up the keys Friday morning, and after an initial screw up by the estate agents all went smoothly and I spent my first night in my new house a night earlier than planned. I couldn't have gotten anything done without the support of Cam, and we were soon settled in with Pad Thai and some drinks on the deck over the weekend. I've been ever so slowly unpacking since then, and still feel like I've gotten nothing done, but I'm loving my new house and actually being able to do as I please.

I popped back to the old house this afternoon to clear up the last of my things (and sneakily do a few loads of washing, as I'm still minus a machine of my own) and caught up with Chef, who I seem to get on with now better than ever before. Bizarre how things work out, and hopefully we can actually maintain a friendship despite all that has happened.

Sahara's going in for her pre-op for her 3rd surgery tomorrow, and I'm awaiting news on my Tiny Kitten, Chicago - she went back to the RSPCA to be desexed, and I put in an application for her as an Interested Party and have been waiting to hear if I was able to adopt her. Unfortunately, she didn't come out of surgery well, developed cat flu - and as a result, stomach ulcers - and isn't looking like she'll pull through. If she makes it through the night, I'm going in first thing in the morning to bring her home and nurse her back to health.

UPDATE: I went to see tiny kitten yesterday, and it was heartbreaking. Still, even though she was so sick, she recognized me immediately - I opened the cage door and she soon climbed on to my shoulder and nestled into my neck, purring her little death-rattle purr as her lungs are so full of snot. I'm about to call and see if my begging has worked, and I shall be able to bring her home this weekend. I think nursing her back to health will be one way of taking my mind off Cam flying off to the States for ten days, come Monday.

*starts sniffling just thinking about it*

Tonight is the first night of my birthday festivities, and I'm getting a tad excited, to say the least. I'm just trying to decide if my gorgeous new Wayne Cooper dress might be a smidgen too revealing as it barely covers my ass, and if I might not be better off wearing something a little classier to the fancy restaurant tonight, and getting my butt out tomorrow night when I paint the town red. Or black, or whatever the saying is.

I'm looking forward to having my family over on Sunday to celebrate my actual birthday, and show them all my new house. I really must start unpacking....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails