Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bucket List

I woke up this morning feeling a little uninspired for life. I had icky dreams, which always make me feel blah, but aside from that and the fact my dream job hasn't arrived this week (and feeling incredibly guilty having 2 weeks off whilst waiting for said job) I just feel a bit... lost. I don't know what to do with myself. There's a hundred things I should be doing, but I just can't settle. And so I started doing what I'm so good at: daydreaming. About all the things I wish I were doing instead of moping, and all the wonderful things I have done over the past few years, and I thought - Aha! Bucket list! What better timing to write it out and see what I can accomplish before my certain death on my birthday weekend when I attempt completing the Tough Mudder. If you're wondering what I mean - here's a little sneak preview of what I have in store.



Yes. That's correct. Barbed wire, electric shocks, fire pits and 20km of hell in between. All because I couldn't keep my big mouth shut when some douchebag said girls can't do it. Hah!

Any way, here goes...

My Bucket List


* Go to New York. (There's actually an entire bucket list within this single item, such as ice skate in Central Park, get married at the Boat House, TGI's in Times Square, eat real New York Pizza...all the important things)

* Swim with sea turtles and dolphins been there, done that. I do, however, have to see a live dugong or manatee, and it would be AMAZING to swim with one.

* Compete in an event on Mr Darcy and win a ribbon. My all time biggest goal.

* Gallop through the surf with the wind in my hair and the salt spray in my face with my best friend on my own horse Check. Also, doing this in Fiji & Vanuatu were fairly amazing.

* See Robbie Williams/Thirsty Merc in concert. Or heck, the way I'm going, see ANY concert.

* Bungee Jump Well, I cliff dived. And that was bloody scary enough to never want to do again. Falling 54 metres into a gully in Africa was quite sufficient to say "I've done it".


* Go to the Kentucky Derby and Royal Ascot races. I think leading in my own race horse at any race in Australia would work, too.

* Get married. And have one of those over the water hut houses on the honeymoon in Bora Bora/Tahiti/Maldives etc. And inside this one, is the pathetically girly and sad comment "be everything to someone" and be treated like a princess. Actually, I think I'd basically settle for not dying alone with 19 cats and have to be lifted from my house because my addiction to Coco-Pops got the better of me.

* Experience another white Christmas in England. Or America. Or Canada. Or all three.

* Play ice hockey in Toronto - and visit all the places in the world I dream about - skiing in Queenstown, shopping in Paris, see France and Spain, and then all my ridng dreams - Trek through Peru and Nepal and Mongolia, gallop an Arab up sand dunes in Dubai, ride through the Aussie High Country and of course, go back to the place I am happiest in the world and ride through Africa again. I'd quite like to ride through the Rockies, too.

* Compete a rally course without wrapping myself around a tree.

* Finish this Tough Mudder in March and prove that girls can do ANYTHING.

* Have my own property with land for my horses, the white German Shepherd I will one day own, and room to be self sufficient enough to live off the land.

* Abseil a real, live cliff thing instead of just climb walls in a warehouse.

* Fit into my clothes again.

* To be continued....



What's on YOUR bucket list?

3 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

Pretty exciting bucket list!

I've actually never really thought about it, and I wouldn't even know where to start. I'm a pretty simple person and am very happy with my life the way it is (publishing a book was always one of my big dreams: check!) but I guess my bucket list would include lots and lots of travel.

Milady said...

Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com

Unknown said...

cantik hot This is a very good post. Just wonderful. Nice one

Related Posts with Thumbnails