Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Anyone for Time Travel?

I've just finished The Time Traveler's Wife. I picked it up along with a couple of others for my recovery from surgery, and as soon as I smashed down the Jodi Picoult, I moved onto to Dear John, by Nicholas Sparks. In my current state of feeling like a piece of my own heart is missing somewhere overseas right now, I simply could not read it. I'll be saving it for a few months, I think. So I moved on to The TTW - and didn't really get into it for a while. I persevered (so many rave reveiews both from people I know AND Cosmo - it had to be good, right?!) - and ended up so attached to it, I even took it to my post-op follow up appointment and sat, sobbing quietly as I neared the end of the book, out in the waiting room for all to see. I had to go for a quick cappuchino and a large quanitity of red licorice to snap myself out of it.

I've been informed the movie is a bad job of a great book, and it doesn't really surprise me. I have absolutely no clue how that could be turned into a motion picture, but still, I think I might have a look-see at the DVD when I'm next at Civic Video stocking up on Milko lollies. (Why, why, WHY are they the only store that seems to still have them? I LOVE Milko's. Love them. I often make Cam rent a video just so I can buy one, or 8). ALthough the thought of Eric Banna in the nuddy doesn't do a whole lot of good for my central nervous system. I sincerely hope he managed to get a decent wax before filming began.

Has anyone else read it? Loved it? Loathed it? And more importantly...what am I going to read next?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[URL=http://www.mypinoy.com/profiles/blogs/buy-lioresal-baclofen-baclon][IMG]http://medshops.info/pharm.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Bonus pills every day!
Good prices & high quality


order baclofeno intrathecal rigidez muscular
order baclofeno intrathecal baclofen pump
order baclofeno intrathecal continua
order baclofeno intrathecal medicina
buy baclofeno intrathecal
purchase baclofeno intrathecal
cheap baclofeno intrathecal
order baclofeno epidural
order baclofeno intraventricular
order baclofeno intraarticular
order baclofeno thecal
order baclofeno intraperitoneal
order baclofeno methotrexate
order baclofeno subarachnoid
order baclofeno subcutaneous
buy baclofeno lioresal
purchase baclofeno lioresal
order baclofeno lioresal baclofen

[URL=http://www.mypinoy.com/profiles/blogs/buy-lioresal-baclofen-baclon]buy lioresal[/URL]
[URL=http://www.mypinoy.com/profiles/blogs/buy-lioresal-baclofen-baclon]buy baclofen[/URL]
[URL=http://www.mypinoy.com/profiles/blogs/buy-lioresal-baclofen-baclon]Purchase Kemstro pharmacy[/URL]

Related Posts with Thumbnails